Siri Remote (1st Generation)
- The matte black area at the top of the remote is a touchpad; you can use this to move around the channel menu, and gently press down to select.
- The Menu button serves as the back button.
- This remote has a rechargeable battery. If your remote is not responding, be sure to charge it using the included remote recharging cable for at least 30 minutes.
- To pair the remote with your Apple TV, point your remote three inches away from your Apple TV. Then press and hold Menu and Volume Up (+) for five seconds. If asked, place your remote on top of the Apple TV to complete the pairing.
- To restart your Apple TV using the remote, press and hold the Menu and TV buttons until the Apple TV status light blinks rapidly (about 5 seconds) and release. The Apple TV will turn off temporarily and turn back on.